According to a Rangers-centric journalist, Antonio Colak will pull the Rangers scarf over his head in the coming days while PAOK field a replacement.
The Rangers review claim that the Gers are finalizing a deal for the 28-year-old Croatia international and will finalize it in the near future after around seven days of lengthy press coverage.
This comes amid claims that PAOK have fielded Fortuna Dusseldorf star Khaled Narey as Antonio Colak’s replacement [Sunday Post] with everything seemingly ready for the Rangers deal to go through.
Speak as part of the platform Daily briefingjournalist Derek Clark gave an update regarding the Ibrox team’s pursuit of the forward.
“We’re still waiting for Antonio Colak, we’re told it should be ready soon,” Clark said.
“The only information we know (in terms of earnings) is that Colak should be ready soon.
“I see some comments insulting Colak himself. It’s not the player’s fault it’s PAOK his club looking for a replacement before they sell him.
“They want to cover their base, that’s holding up the deal so far. The player’s agreed personal terms and he’s itching to come.
“Hopefully it can be done sooner rather than later and he can blend into the squad.”
Antonio Colak closer to Rangers edges
Rangers will reportedly pay £1.8million to bring Antonio Colak to Ibrox from PAOK and it would represent a solid deal for the Ibrox club.
The Gers have reportedly received £1.5million back from the sale of Switzerland international striker Cedric Itten to BSC Young Boys, meaning Colak’s net spend will be around £300,000.
Rangers fans already know Antonio Colak well after he broke Ibrox’ hearts with a fatal brace in Ibrox’s 2-1 defeat by Malmo in last year’s Champions League qualifier.
Meanwhile, Rangers fans were thrilled by a spate of rumors about a once-Belgian-born African winger with a £6million rating.