A 49-year-old Florida man is arrested for “raping a woman at Disney’s Dolphin Resort after meeting her at a bar” while on vacation with his WIFE.
- Eyvor Gomez, 49, of Pembroke Pines, was arrested and sent to the Orange County Jail Monday and charged with sexual assault
- The victim, who was not named, said she met Gomez at a bar in the Dolphin Resort’s restaurant
- After the last call, Gomez reportedly suggested that he and the victim go outside since he had his own booze
- Outside, Gomez allegedly made sexual advances towards her, which she refused by trying to push him away
- He then allegedly pushed her against the wall and she lost a blackout before attempting to crawl away from him and eventually escaping
- Gomez was identified through security footage that showed him attempting to impose himself on her as she crawled away
- Resort security recognized him for escorting his wife back to her room after getting into an argument the night before the alleged attack
A Florida man has been accused of raping a woman at Disney’s Dolphin Resort after meeting her at a bar – while he was on vacation with his wife.
Eyvor Gomez, 49, of Pembroke Pines, was arrested Monday and charged with sexual assault.
The victim, who was not named, said she met Gomez at a bar at the resort’s restaurant, which is owned by Marriot, and the couple had a drink together, according to the arrested affidavit viewed by Click Orlando.
After the bartender announced the final call, Gomez allegedly asked the woman to take him outside, away from the security cameras, claiming he had his own liquor.
Gomez and the victim then went outside and huddled against a glass wall and bushes, where he allegedly made sexual advances to her.
The woman refused and tried to push him away, but Gomez allegedly pushed her into the wall, causing a blackout, investigators said, according to Click Orlando.
However, surveillance cameras show the woman attempting to crawl away from Gomez, who was seen at the time imposing himself on her and filming the alleged attack on his cellphone.
The woman eventually managed to escape and sat down amidst a group of strangers at the resort to get away from him.
Eyvor Gomez, 49, of Pembroke Pines, was arrested Monday and charged with sexual assault after allegedly attempting to rape a woman. He originally denied the assault, but later admitted to investigators the kissing and “groping” consensual.
The alleged attack took place at the Marriott-owned Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort in Lake Buena Vista. It’s unclear if guests can provide their own alcohol on-site
Resort security managed to refer law enforcement to Gomez after recognizing him the night before the alleged attack, when he and his wife allegedly got into an argument, according to Fox 35 Orlando.
“There was an argument and his wife was escorted back to her room. Eyvor matched the description and photo provided by the witnesses. Disney has confirmed this through surveillance video,” the affidavit reads.
A Disney representative told DailyMail.com that its resorts typically allow guests to bring their own alcohol.
However, the Dolphin Resort is owned by Marriot and a representative declined to comment when contacted by DailyMail.com.
When investigators questioned Gomez, he allegedly denied having any contact with the victim, before claiming they kissed and “groped” consensually. He denied attacking her, Click Orlando said.
He was charged with sexual harassment and sent to the Orange County Jail. DailyMail.com has requested the affidavit of the arrest from the Orange County Sheriff’s Office.