This post contains links to products from our advertisers, and we may receive compensation if you click on those links. Our recommendations and advice are our own and have not been verified by any of the listed issuers. The conditions apply to the offers listed on this page. Read our editorial standards.
- The Hotels.com®️ Rewards Visa®️ credit card now offers an increased welcome bonus offer.
- New cardholders can earn 2 free nights (value up to $125 each) after spending $1,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening and a third free night (value up to $125) after they stay in Spent a total of $4,000 on purchases in the first 6 months opening an account.
- This card with no annual fee offers good benefits, including cell phone protection and travel insurance.
- Read the insider’s guide to the best hotel credit cards.
Most major hotel chains such as Hilton and Marriott offer their own co-branded credit cards. These can make sense if you’re loyal to a particular brand, but if you tend to stay at independent hotels or mix-and-match hotels when you travel, you’re probably better off with a card that earns rewards you Pretty much any hotel can use it.
The Hotels.com®️ Rewards Visa®️ credit card is an option, and there’s a new reason to give it a fresh look. For a limited time, you can receive an enhanced welcome bonus offer of 2 free nights (worth up to $125 each) after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of account opening, and a third free night (worth up to $125). 125 USD) after spending $4,000 on total purchases in the first 6 months of account opening. Since each award night is worth up to $125 (before taxes and fees), you could potentially receive up to $375 in value with this bonus.
For a card with no annual fee, the Hotels.com®️ Rewards Visa®️ credit card also offers decent benefits. However, before you decide to apply for the card, there are a few precautions you should take into account. Here’s what you should know.
We’re focusing here on the rewards and perks that come with each card. These cards aren’t worth paying if you’re paying interest or late fees. When using a credit card, it’s important to pay off your balance in full each month, make payments on time, and only spend what you can afford.
Hotels.com Rewards Visa Offer: Earn up to 3 Reward Nights
16.49% – 24.49% Variable
Recommended credit rating
Good to excellent
16.49% – 24.49% Variable
Recommended credit rating
Good to excellent
- Earn award nights without worrying about complex hotel loyalty programs
- No annual fee and no currency conversion fees
- Automatic Silver membership with VIP benefits as long as your card stays open
- Awards are valid for award night stays at the hotel only
- No bonus award categories
Read our review
- Limited time offer! Receive 3 free nights totaling $375 (maximum $125 per night)* with qualifying purchases. Receive 2 bonus nights totaling $250 (max $125 per night)* when you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional $125 in free night when you spend a total of $4,000 on purchases within the first 6 months. *Excluding taxes and fees. If a night is less than $125, you won’t get the difference.
- Earn 1 stamp every time you spend $500 on purchases using your card and earn 1 stamp for every night you stay at an eligible hotel booked on Hotels.com. If you collect 10 stamps, you will receive 1 award night which can be redeemed for future bookings through Hotels.com.
- Choose from over 500,000 properties in over 200 countries around the world.
- $0 annual fee.
- Enjoy exclusive Silver memberships like free breakfast, airport transfers, free WiFi and more at select hotels while your card is valid.
- Pay your monthly cell phone bill with your card and get up to $600 protection against damage or theft (subject to a $25 excess).
- No foreign currency conversion fee.
- Provides a refund for non-refundable passenger fares if your travel is interrupted or canceled for a Covered Cause when your passenger fare was booked using your card.
The Welcome Offer to earn 2 free nights (value up to $125 each) after you spend $1,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening and a third free night (value up to $125) after you Having spent a total of $4,000 on purchases in the first 6 months from account opening is a good deal. Hotels.com gives you the flexibility to redeem your Award Nights at over 500,000 hotels worldwide, including well-known brand names, boutique hotels, all-inclusive resorts and vacation villas.
Remember, if you use a free night at a hotel that costs less than $125, you will not be refunded the difference and you will still have to pay taxes and fees. If the accommodation costs more than $125, you can still use the award night, but you must pay the difference (plus taxes and fees) in cash.
In addition to the increased welcome offer, the Hotels.com®️ Rewards Visa®️ credit card collects “stamps” that you can use for Reward Nights through Hotels.com. The earning structure is simple: for every $500 you spend on purchases with the card, you get a stamp, and when you reach 10 stamps, you get a reward night.
You’ll also earn a stamp for every night you stay on Hotels.com. This is where it gets a little tricky, as the Award Nights you earn this way are based on the average value of the 10 stamps redeemed. Each stamp you earn by spending with your Hotels.com®️ Rewards Visa®️ credit card will be assigned a value of $110, and Hotels.com night stamps will be assigned the value of that stay (before taxes and fees).
Here is an example. Let’s say you earn 10 stamps in the following way:
- When you spend $2,500 on your Hotels.com®️ Rewards Visa®️ credit card: Earn five stamps, each worth $110
- Stay two nights at a Hotels.com hotel that costs $150 per night (before taxes and fees): Earn two stamps, each worth $150
- Stay three nights at a Hotels.com hotel that costs $200 per night (before taxes and fees): Earn three stamps, each worth $200
In total, you’ve earned 10 stamps with an average value of $145, allowing you to redeem your award night at a hotel costing up to that amount, also before taxes and fees.
Hotels.com®️ Rewards Visa®️ credit card holders can also access a number of benefits, some not often found on a card with no annual fee, including:
- Phone protection
- Rental car insurance (secondary)
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Hotels.com Silver Elite status
- travel and emergency assistance services
- Curbside shipping
- No foreign transaction fees
Here’s our full Hotels.com credit card review with all the details.
The Hotels.com Rewards program isn’t for everyone
Hotels.com is great if you’re not picky about brands and don’t earn points with a particular chain. But be aware – as this is a third-party site, you will not receive any hotel points or Elite Night Credits for your stays. And if you already have status with a chain, there’s no guarantee you’ll receive elite perks by booking your stay this way.
Because of this, the Hotels.com®️ Rewards Visa®️ credit card is really only worthwhile for certain types of travelers. Especially if you’re drawn to independent or boutique hotels that don’t have a loyalty program, this can be a nice way to earn rewards that you wouldn’t normally earn if you booked direct.
It’s also important to consider the return you’ll get on spending with the Hotels.com®️ Rewards Visa®️ credit card. You effectively earn a $110 hotel stay (before taxes and fees) for every $5,000 you spend on the card, or a 2.2% return on your spend.
Depending on your typical spend, you might be better off using cashback cards with no annual fee, some of which offer bonus categories of up to 6% cashback. And you can redeem cash rewards for anything — not just hotel stays.
Be sure to read our guides to the best cash back credit cards and travel rewards credit cards to find the card that best suits your travel and spending habits.